The Community Foundation of the Florida Keys is excited to announce a new initiative to support the financial sustainability of our Monroe County nonprofits.
Local agencies are eligible to receive $10,000 to $20,000 each from the Peter MacDougall Match for Agency Endowments. This can be a match to create a new endowment with the Community Foundation or add to an existing endowment.
“The Community Foundation wants to do all we can to support the long-term viability of the nonprofit organizations in Monroe County, and the MacDougall Match is a wonderful way to strengthen or start the endowments that do just that,” said Dr. Susanne Woods, board chair of the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys.
This opportunity is first come, first serve. The campaign will end when $500,000 in matches are made, to match $500,000 in dollars received from the estate gift of seasonal Key West resident Peter MacDougall, who passed away on October 27, 2021.
- Only 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) nonprofit organizations and faith-based organizations located in or serving Monroe County, Florida are eligible.
- The funds can come from the organization itself or from one or more donors in the community and may be a gift by check or stock. The Community Foundation will make the match after at least $10,000 is received and the agency has signed an endowment fund agreement.
- There is a limit of $20,000 total match per organization.
- A nonprofit that already has an endowment fund at the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys may add $10,000-$20,000 to its current fund to receive the match.
- A nonprofit that has an existing Community Foundation of the Florida Keys fund that is not endowed may convert to a permanent endowed fund to receive the $10,000-$20,000 match, without adding any additional funds.
- Alternatively, the nonprofit may keep its non-endowed fund and transfer $10,000-$20,000 to start an additional fund that is a permanent endowment.
September 22, 1937 – October 27, 2021
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-809-4991.
Your Community Foundation of the Florida Keys, In Paradise for Good, is celebrating its 25th anniversary. Since 1996, the Community Foundation has made over $32 million in grants to benefit every resident from Key Largo to Key West, supporting arts and culture, beautification and preservation of the Keys, health and human services, disaster relief, scholarships, and youth programs. The Community Foundation helps individuals and families leave a legacy in the Keys by inspiring giving and by connecting people, resources and needs through philanthropy, The Foundation is well-known for its signature “Unsung Heroes” event which honors nonprofit volunteers. For more information, call 305-292-1502 or visit cffk.org.