We’re here to help. Building philanthropy in the Keys and providing community leadership is one of our primary roles. Here’s a few simple ways you can partner with the Community Foundation of the Florida Keys to make a difference:
Give Now: Join our Foundation Society or become a Friend of the Foundation and help us provide community leadership, build philanthropy, and strengthen and support nonprofits. You can also contribute to our Future Fund and underwrite the most innovative local nonprofit projects or support critical special initiatives including the Florida Keys Emergency Relief Fund.
Create Your Own Fund: Work with us to create a custom fund to fulfill your personal charitable interests, including Donor Advised Funds, Endowments or other vehicles. The minimum amount to establish a fund is $10,000. See below for the types of available funds and more information on how to create a fund.
Establish a Nonprofit Endowment: Work with your favorite local nonprofit to set up an Endowment that will provide the organization with a perpetual funding source.
Give In The Future: Join Our Legacy Society by setting up a fund as part of your estate plan that will continue your local charitable interests after you’re gone.
Types of Funds
Donors can establish any of the following types of funds in their name, in a family’s name, or in the name of any person or organization they wish to honor. Grants distributed from a donor’s fund are awarded in the name of their fund. These funds last forever and the person or organization will always be remembered and linked to good works in our community. The donor may choose to be anonymous if desired.
- Donor Advised Funds. You participate in the use of your gift. Aided by our professional staff, you identify how the resources of your Donor Advised Fund should be used. Your recommendation is submitted to the Foundation Board for approval; we then distribute the grant dollars on your behalf.
- Unrestricted Funds. You allow the Foundation Board and staff to determine the best use of the resources of your fund. The flexibility provided by your Unrestricted Fund allows the Foundation to respond to the ever-changing needs of our community …today and tomorrow.
- Scholarship Funds. You determine the criteria that students must reach to receive a scholarship from your fund.
- Designated Funds. You can direct the resources of your Designated Fund to benefit a specific purpose or nonprofit organization.
- Nonprofit Funds. Leaders of nonprofit organizations select the Community Foundation to hold their organization’s endowment or funds for operating support or programmatic needs. The Community Foundation offers skilled financial management of these funds, which enables nonprofit organizations to have a constant source of funds to provide ongoing income for operations, programs, or to respond to emergency needs.
How do you create a fund? Click here to find out how.
For more information on establishing a fund, click here for Guidelines for Donor-Advised Funds.
How do you make a gift to CFFK or to one of its named funds or endowments? Click here to find out how.
10 Reasons Why People Choose to Give Through the Community Foundation
- We are a local organization dedicated to our community.
- We provide personalized service designed with your philanthropic goals in mind.
- We provide the financial management, administration and record keeping to maximize your charitable dollars and to aid you in tax planning.
- We offer a wide variety of Donor Funds.
- We accept a wide variety of assets and can facilitate even the most complex forms of philanthropy.
- We offer maximum tax advantage for most gifts under IRS guidelines.
- We are your partner in philanthropy. We can assist you in all aspects of your gift giving including monitoring the performance of your gift.
- We provide the support network and coordinate resources to positively impact the future of our community.
- We provide knowledge of issues and needs in our community.
- We multiply the impact of gift dollars by pooling them with other gifts and grants.