CFFK will launch its 20th anniversary next year following a history of successes and accomplishments, completed in partnership with its fund advisors, donors and supporters. CFFK Chairman Roger Heinen and President/CEO Dianna Sutton shared highlights of those successes at the 2015 Annual Investment Update meeting on November 20th.
Among the highlights:
- CFFK is recognized in the top 100 among community foundations nationally for active grantmaking and most gifts per capita.
- Assets under management have grown from $1 million in 1996 to over $14 million today.
- Through the generosity of its fund advisors, CFFK has made $21.3 million in grants and program services to the community since its inception. Since 2004, the Foundation has awarded 1,700 grants to 277 nonprofits and 167 scholarships and awards to students and teachers.
- CFFK has been accredited since 2006 by the National Standards for Community Foundations.
- CFFK has honored more than 1,000 volunteers through the Unsung Heroes event and has trained more than 400 nonprofit leaders through the Leadership Success Academy.
Following CFFK’s highlights, Barry Beach, Senior Portfolio Manager for Mason Investment Advisory Services, presented an overview of CFFK’s endowment pool and investment strategies. Click here to see the presentation from Mason Investment Advisory Services.
More than 60 fund advisors, donors and supporters attended the annual Update meeting and were enthusiastic about CFFK’s accomplishments and future vision, including the launch of several new initiatives in January to celebrate its 20th anniversary.